Always Think Positive, There Is Always Somebody Worse Off Than You
This article is about learning to think positive. There are far too many people walking about in a state of gloom and depression. I have to admit that I was one of these people until I managed to turn my whole life around at the age of twenty-two by taking a different approach. I hope you find the article beneficial and enjoyable to read.
From around the age of eleven when I started high school to the age of twenty-two I was not exactly a happy person. One person actually mentioned that I walked around like I had the weight of the world and its problems on my shoulders.
I was always looking at other people in my class for example and thought that they were so much luckier than I was. They did not seem to have half of the problems that I did. I was jealous of them as they were seemingly cruising through life where as it was one huge struggle for me.
You may be wondering what my troubles were. I had a stutter which had affected me from the age of four. Stuttering put a huge dent in my confidence and made me withdraw into my shell.
I had a weight problem which was mainly caused by comfort eating when I was depressed. Since birth, I have had a bald patch on my head, it is not a large area of baldness, however it was big enough for people to notice and mock me. I was always the shortest person in the class and for a male I am well below the average height at five-foot four.
At the age of eighteen, I was having a conversation with one of friends who is called John. John was one of the people I had always been jealous of for many different reasons. On this particular evening we were both fairly drunk and John had became quite emotional. During our conversation he told me that his father was an alcoholic and that at certain times when he arrived home worse for wear that he would hit his mom. He was very worried about this and was not sure what to do.
Over the next few years, I found out aspects of other people’s lives in my circle of friends, which I had not been aware of. The issues I had were very visible, where as their problems had been hidden and kept secret.
I have become more and more interested in world affairs since the age of about twenty. Certain events from around the world have really shocked and I find it hard to imagine how I would cope living it various countries. I am now very grateful that I was born in the UK.
I have learnt that we all have problems and that in most cases there is always people worse off than ourselves. I now try to think in a much more positive way and am very happy with the cards I have been dealt.
- Sea Of Ghosts Style Blog › The Struggle
- Advice To Overcome Depression | JETKING INFOTRAIN
- Inverted Head and Shoulders chart pattern for 2010-10-01 | Stock Market Analysis at DeepMarket
- Amazon’s Jerdon HL65G Eclipse 5X Halo Lighted Mirror, 8″, 5X-1X Magnification, Bright Brass Lowest Price! « Jennifers Blog
- Circle of Friends (1995) – PART 7 | wong ming
- Whole Life Insurance – Everything is Done Easily and Systematically Under the Scheme of the Whole Life Insurance Policy | Zunley
- Nepal tourism’s short cut – Zenith Adventures Tourism News | Travel Guides & Trip Reports from the the himalaya Nepal
- educational : Standing on the shoulders of…
- Vegan Blogs: Spiritual Vegans: Are Businesses Missing the Mark? | Vegan Mainstream
- Download: Confidence – Recon | unkut.com – A Tribute To Ignorance (Remix)
No related posts.